Dream Dentistry & Sleep Care offers the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique in Quakertown, Pennsylvania! Dr. Roeder received a personal invitation to be the 21st dentist in the state of Pennsylvania to offer this exciting new treatment. To have your gum recession treated with this new, minimally invasive, fast-healing technique, call our dental office at 215-515-6555.
What Is the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique?
Do your teeth look longer? Are they sensitive? You could be suffering from gum recession. Treating gum recession used to be done with a gum graft procedure. Even if your gum graft procedure was done by a doctor’s skillful hands, you would still have to wait one to two months for the graft and donor site to heal completely.
With the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique, there is no cutting and no graft, so you will be back to doing and eating the things you love in as few as two days.
This new procedure is virtually painless, and we are very happy to be one of the few dental offices able to offer it to our patients. We make a very small hole in your gums, and then, using special tools, we will be able to move your gums so they can better protect the health of your teeth.
Risks Related to Gum Recession
If you do not have your gum recession treated:
- Gum loss can lead to bone loss, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Gum recession can leave the roots of your teeth and your gums defenseless against bacteria, which can lead to tooth decay and painful infections.
- In addition to health risks, long teeth can make you insecure about the appearance of your smile.
Why risk your health? At our office, your Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique consultation is free.
Gum Recession Causes
If your parents struggled with gum recession, there is a good chance you will, too, since it can be genetic. But your personal habits can also increase your risk of gum recession:
- Aggressive brushing can wear down the enamel of your teeth prematurely and cause your gumline to recede.
- If you are not brushing and flossing regularly, gum disease could be the cause of your gum recession.
- A symptom of sleep apnea can be teeth grinding, and the added stress on your teeth can cause gum recession. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, we can treat you for it.
Reach out to our dental office to schedule your free exam for Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique with Dr. Gordon Roeder or Dr. Zachary Kulp. When your gums are healthy, you hardly think about them. When you are suffering from gum recession, you think about your gums all the time — every time you see your smile, every time your sensitive teeth cause you to wince in pain. Come see us for treatment and get back to thinking about everything in life but your gums.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday||By Appointment Only|
|Saturday||By Appointment Only|