If it’s been years or even decades since you’ve last been to the dentist, you might be tempted to put it off just a few more months — or maybe just abandon the idea of going in for a checkup altogether.
Perhaps you’re embarrassed that you didn’t keep up with your regular visits, or you’re afraid of what the dentist will find. Maybe you simply want to avoid lectures about how frequently you floss.
Well, at Dream-Dentistry & Dream Care, we wanted to build a practice where you’d feel safe and comfortable, no matter how long it has been since your last dental exam.
Our compassionate staff is led by Dr. Roeder, who’s known in the Quakertown, PA area for his upbeat personality and his ability to make patients smile. Plus, we’re more concerned about working with you toward better oral health than we are about admonishing you for past habits.
Read on for some of the ways you can experience stress-free dentistry that you’ll feel great about at Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care. Then, give us a call at (215) 804-4777 to schedule a checkup and cleaning!
More Comfortable Dentistry
Is it possible for people to actually look forward to coming to the dentist? Our patients say so!
We’ve sought to address the traditional stressors involved with going to the dentist so that you can enjoy more comfortable dentistry. Don’t like the air conditioning? We can grab you a blanket! Want a step-by-step explanation of your dental procedure? You don’t even have to ask. That’s just the way that Dr. Roeder likes to do things. We want to give you the information you need so you can take ownership of your dental care and make the best decisions for yourself.
At Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, we’re so committed to patient comfort that we actually meet as a staff once a week to brainstorm ways we can make coming to the dentist a better experience for our patients. We even have a growing “comfort menu,” which you can order from for personalized care.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: What’s on our comfort menu?
As of right now, it includes:
- Warm blankets and neck wraps
- Video entertainment
- Stress relievers
- Facial wipes
- Milkshakes (yes, milkshakes!) after more involved treatments
And because our comfort menu is dynamic, you can just ask any of our caring staff members if you need something that’s not listed on the menu.
Have you ever been referred to a specialist, only to find that you didn’t really like the care you received? At Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, our talented team is trained across several branches of dentistry, so we can address nearly all of your dental needs in our Quakertown office.
This minimizes the chances you’ll have to drive across town or see a brand new dentist for high-quality dental care. You’ll get to know us, and we’ll get to know you! And together, we’ll work toward improved health.
If you’re especially nervous about coming to the dentist, we can provide dental sedation to help you relax. Dr. Roeder has extensive training and experience in the field of sedation dentistry, which uses certain medications to help ease patient tension during dental work. In fact, he has undergone more than 4,000 hours of continuing education in the last 30 years!
At Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, we’re proud to offer three forms of sedation dentistry. If you’re unsure which one would be best for you, don’t worry. We’d be happy to talk with you about the different options during a sedation dentistry consultation!
- Nitrous oxide: You’re probably already familiar with this form of dental sedation, which is often called “laughing gas.” We’ll place a small mask over your nose, through which you’ll breathe the nitrous oxide. With just a few deep breaths, you’ll start to feel a mild euphoria.
- Oral sedation: This can provide a slightly deeper sedation than nitrous oxide. All you have to do is take a pill a certain amount of time before your appointment. Once it kicks in, you’ll feel relaxed and maybe a little bit sleepy when it comes time for your dental work.
- IV sedation: Administered directly into the bloodstream, IV sedation will make you feel like you’re in a dream during your dental procedure. This has demonstrated to be a safe and effective means of sedation when supervised by highly skilled professionals like those at Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care. We can monitor your level of sedation throughout the entire procedure to ensure your comfort, and we’ll monitor your vital signs to ensure your safety.
What If I Haven’t Been To The Dentist In A While?
To get back to your initial question, it’s OK if you haven’t been to the dentist in a while. It’s never too late to prioritize your dental health. Even if your teeth are in disrepair, we can work with you toward a healthy and beautiful smile.