There are lots of scary things in this world: social situations, spiders, snakes, small spaces. Going to the dentist doesn’t have to be one of them, especially when you’re coming to visit Dr. Roeder at Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care!
Our caring staff is so dedicated to your comfort that we meet regularly to brainstorm ways to improve patients’ experiences in our office. Going above and beyond what you might expect of a dentist’s office, we’ll help you relax with soft blankets, video entertainment, and dental sedation. And when the work’s over, you can enjoy something from our snack bar or even a milkshake!
As many as 15 percent of adults experience such intense dental anxiety that it has prevented them from getting the dental care they need. We’ve tried to remove barriers for those folks, as well as just make going to the dentist a more pleasant experience for everyone! We think you’ll love the care you receive in our Quakertown, PA office. Give us a call at (215) 804-4777 to schedule an appointment.
Order From Our “Comfort Menu”
At Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, we know that your experience as a patient in our office isn’t just shaped by the thoroughness of your routine cleaning or the longevity of your dental implant. Though we strive to provide excellent dentistry with long-lasting results, we also focus on the seemingly small things that can greatly improve your experience.
That’s why we’ve put together an actual “comfort menu.” These are things that patients have requested in the past that we wanted to make available to other patients. Here’s what’s currently on the menu:
- Blankets to shield you from the air conditioning
- Neck wraps to keep your head and neck comfortable
- Sunglasses to keep you comfortable from the overhead light we use as we work
- Netflix to watch during your appointment
- Stress relievers to help you relax
- Dental sedation to minimize pain and stress
- Warm facial wipes to help you freshen up after your appointment
- Lip balm to prevent dry, uncomfortable lips during your dental work
- Food and drinks from our snack bar
- A coffee and tea station
- Milkshakes for patients who can’t eat for a couple hours after their appointment
And if you have something in mind that’s not currently on our menu, just ask a member of our team. We’re happy to help, and who knows? Your request might even become a permanent fixture of our comfort menu.
Comfortable Dentistry With The Help Of Sedation
Dental sedation is great for patients with intense anxiety, but it also has other uses. For example, it’s helpful for busy people who need to undergo several different dental procedures but don’t have time to come in for separate visits. They’ll clear out a single afternoon and request that we get all the dental work done in the span of a few hours.
Sedation involves the use of medication to relieve stress during an appointment. It can be the key to a pain-free procedure.
At Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, we offer three types of dental sedation:
- Nitrous oxide. This is a fairly well-known dental sedative. You’ve probably heard it referred to as “laughing gas.” It allows you to feel a mild euphoria or general sense of calm while we work.
- Oral sedation. This is a deeper form of sedation than nitrous oxide. It comes in the form of a pill, which you’ll take prior to your appointment. By the time we’re ready to begin the dental work, you’ll feel relaxed and perhaps a bit sleepy. It can take several hours for the effects of oral sedation to wear off, so we’ll ask that you have a trusted friend or family member drive you to and from the office.
- IV sedation. This is the deepest form of sedation we offer. It’s administered intravenously, which makes it easy for us to constantly monitor and adjust your level of sedation to keep you comfortable. You’ll sort of be at the edge of consciousness under IV sedation. Some patients describe it as being in a dream-like state for the duration of the procedure.
Dr. Roeder has long been committed to helping patients overcome dental anxiety since. After dental school, he completed a general practice residency program at Sacred Heart Hospital and went on to complete the University of Pittsburgh Medical and Dental School Anesthesiology training program.
Aside from being highly skilled, Dr. Roeder is known for making his patients feel welcome and at home when they come to Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care. We’re here to get to know you and cheer you on toward improved health. In fact, one of the things we’ll discuss early on is any anxieties you might have about going to the dentist. That way, we can better help you overcome your fear of the dentist.