Children have the most adorable smiles—but not all of them have a healthy set of pearly whites. Kids are usually prone to cavities. And as a parent, it is your duty to boost your little one’s oral health. But you will not do this alone; our practice at Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care is here to help you.
We Offer Pediatric Dentistry!
Here in our clinic, we strive hard to enhance our patients’ dental health. We are not just focused on helping our adult patients attain a healthy smile, but we also prioritize the oral health of our young patients by offering pediatric dentistry services to them. Bring your children in our office for regular checkups every six months. Our dentist will examine the mouth, teeth, and gums of your kids and recommend appropriate treatments once problems that can compromise their dental conditions are detected. The services that we can lay out to our young patients are fluoride applications, crowns, sealants, fillings, phase one orthodontics, and emergency dentistry. Aside from all these, we also instruct parents of the things that they need to do in taking care of their kids’ oral health. Such tips include:
For 0 to 12 months children
- It is okay to clean babies’ teeth as soon as they already emerged on the gums—in fact, it is highly recommended to do so. What we do not suggest, however, is the use of toothpaste during this period. Clean their teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and plain water instead.
- Baby bottle can cause decay when it is placed in the child’s mouth overnight. Do not tolerate this practice.
- After babies reached six months, gradually teach them to drink from a cup.
For children 12 to 18 months
- Still, avoid using toothpaste when brushing a child’s teeth.
- Let them brush their mouth two times a day.
- Children should be drinking from a cup after their first birthday.
For 18 months to 5 years old children
- Know that children during these times are still incapable of cleaning their teeth thoroughly. They need their parents’ help every time they brush their teeth. Make sure that you assist them well.
- Allow them to drink water and milk regularly. These two drinks can nourish not just the child’s oral health but the body as well.
- Children at 18 months are ready to use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. Using toothpaste with low fluoride in this period should be observed.
- When picking milk drinks for children, choose full cream milk for kids under two years old and low fat for those with the age of 2 and above.
- Prevent their risk of cavities by limiting their intake of sugary treats.
- Do not allow below one-year-old infants to consume fruit juices or any fruit drinks. You can give them fresh fruits instead to promote saliva production.
Boost your kids’ oral health by following the points mentioned above and by seeking our assistance at Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care.
Pediatric Dentistry in Quakertown, PA can surely bring out the best smile of your kids! Arrange an appointment for them in our clinic now. To reach Dream-Dentistry & Sleep Care, you may visit 1326 W. Broad St., Quakertown, PA 18951.